Shree Ramkrishna Netralaya - Eye Hospital in Navi Mumbai
Dry Eye Clinic
DIAGNOSIS OF DRY EYE
The way to diagnose whether you are suffering from “DRY EYES” is by doing a detailed eye examination which includes- determining the tear quality, the measurement of the tear volume & the status of the lipid gland functionality (LIPIVIEW)
The Treatment options depend on the cause:
- Artificial Tear Supplement(Lubricating Drops)
- Restasis– In addition to the lubricating drops, this Anti- inflammatory drop helps to reduce the inflammation associated with dry eye and helps your body to produce more natural tears.
- Steroid eye drops: In combination with the lubricating eye drops, these are given by your doctor for a short period of time.
- Punctal Plugs
- Meibomian Gland Expression – Inadequate oil (Meibum) secretion leads to evaporative dry eye. This is one of the most common cause of dry eye known as MGD. Expression of the blocked glands by applying pressure is done and thus helps to clear the blocked ducts and helps improve the secretion.
- Warm Compress
- Lipiflow: It is an Automated, in office dry eye treatment thsaat combines the best features of warm compress therapy and Meibomian gland expression. It is a patented device treatment with excellent treatment, with the benefits lasting for 6 months or longer. It is a simple treatment option taking approximately 12 minutes/ eye. It is non-painful with more than 76% patients finding improvement post the treatment.